Police, Fire, Medical Emergency - Call 9-1-1

Have the address or legal land description of the emergency location and a phone number you can be called back on in case of disconnection. Read more ....

Fire Permits

Fire Permits are required year round.  To apply for a fire permit click here

For further information please contact the Beaver Emergency Services Commission office @ 780-336-3041

Current Fire Ban Status

GFX Wildfire FireBans NoRestriction


There are currently no fire restrictions.

Open burning is allowed with a fire permit


Beaver Emergency Services Commission

Fire Permits Required Year Round

no burning

Fire Permits for open burning are now required year round, from January 1st to December 31st. At the December 5, 2013 meeting of the Beaver Emergency Services Commission, Bylaw No. 4-2013 was passed which brought in the changes for fire permits. For more information on fire permits please review the information on the BESC website or contact the Beaver Emergency Services office at 780-336-3041.

Fire permits are available by filling out an application online on the BESC website at www.besc.ca or from the following Fire Guardians:

Town Office (Tofield) Ph: 780-662-3269
Dave Oleksyn (Tofield) Ph: 780-951-3607

Village Of Ryley Ph: 780-663-3653
Beaver County Office (Ryley) Ph: 780-663-3730

Village of Holden Ph: 780-688-3928
Blair Ewasiuk ( Holden) Ph: 780-603-0179

Rob Roulston ( Bruce) Ph: 780-254-0224

50th Street Auto (Viking) Ph: 780-336-2526
BESC Headquarters (Viking) Ph: 780-336-3041

Kelly Overbo (Kinsella) Ph: 780-336-5518

BESC Head Office Ph: 780-336-3041

Fire Permits are issued for a 14 day period and are free of charge.

Volunteers Needed!

We need you! Through unwavering vigilance, rigorous training and unquestionable dedication, the Volunteer Firefighters of BESC work to serve and ensure the safety of every person in the county.

Local Links

www.vbfcss.com Viking Family Community Support Services

www.fcss-trbc.com Tofield Family Community Support Services

Viking Medical Clinic - Kalyna County Primary Care Network

Safety Links

Safety Tips - Alberta Fire Commissioner

Fire Protection - NFPA

Fire Safety - Alberta Emergency Management

Senior Safety - Finding Balance Campaign


You are here: Home Fire Permits Required Year Round